Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro
IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 29.55 full-time equivalent (FTE) members with PhD. It is organized in three Groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start-ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Some recent publications
- Ana Rita Valente, K. St Louis, M. Leahy, Andreia Hall, Luis M. T. Jesus. A Country-Wide Probability Sample of Public Attitudes Toward Stuttering in Portugal. Journal of Fluency Disorders, vol. 52, p. 37-52, June 2017
- Ana H. M. P. Tavares, Armando J. Pinho, Raquel Silva, João M. O. S. Rodrigues, Carlos A C Bastos, Paulo J S G Ferreira, Vera Afreixo. DNA word analysis based on the distribution of the distances between symmetric words. Scientific Reports, vol. 7, no. 728, April 2017 [IF 2015: 5.228 (Q1, 7/63)]
- Pedro Sernadela, Lorena González-Castro, José Luís Oliveira. SCALEUS: Semantic Web Services Integration for Biomedical Applications. Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 41, no. 4, April 2017
- Nuno Gomes, Samuel Silva, Carlos F. Silva, Sandra C. Soares. Beware the Serpent: The Advantage of Ecologically-Relevant Stimuli in Accessing Visual Awareness. Evolution & Human Behavior, vol. 38, no. 2, p. 227-234, March 2017 [IF 2015: 3.223 (Q1, 11/51)]
- André Zúquete, José M. N. Vieira. Fast, scalable and secure over-the-air bootstrap of Linux operating systems with Wi-Fi ad hoc networks. Wireless Networks, vol. 23, no. 3, March 2017 [IF 2015: 1.006 (Q3, 46/82)]
- T. Gotz, L. Stadler, G. Fraunhofer, Ana Maria Tomé, H. Hausner, Elmar W. Lang. A combined cICA-EEMD analysis of EEG recordings from depressed or schizophrenic patients during olfactory stimulation. Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, February 2017
- Sónia Gouveia, M. G. Scotto, C. H. Weiss, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Binary autoregressive geometric modelling in a DNA context. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society - Series C (Applied Statistics), vol. 66, no. 2, p. 253-271, February 2017 [IF 2015: 1.354 (Q2, 39/123)]
- Joana Branco, Mihaela Ola, Raquel Silva, Elizangela Fonseca, Nuno C. Gomes, Cláudia Martins-Cruz, Ana P. Silva, Ana Silva-Dias, Cidália Pina-Vaz, Claire Erraught, Lorraine Brennan, Acácio G. Rodrigues, Geraldine Butler, Isabel M. Miranda. Impact of ERG3 mutations and expression of ergosterol genes controlled by UPC2 and NDT80 in Candida parapsilosis azole resistance. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, February 2017
- Tiago Godinho, Carlos Costa, José Luís Oliveira. Intelligent Generator of Big Data Medical Imaging Repositories. IET Software, February 2017 [IF 2015: 0.473 (Q4, 94/106)]
- Leonor Teixeira, Vasco Saavedra, Beatriz Sousa Santos, Carlos Ferreira. Portuguese Haemophilia Registry. Set of variables for a computerized solution. Hämostaseologie, vol. (in press), February 2017 [IF 2015: 1.547 (Q4, 54/70)]
- Jacqueline Ferreira, Susana Brás, Carlos F. Silva, Sandra C. Soares. An Automatic Classifier of Emotions Build from Noise Entropy. Psychophysiology, vol. in press, January 2017 [IF 2015: 3.074 (Q2, 20/76)]
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova. Data processing in the firmware systems for logic control based on search networks. Automation and Remote Control, vol. 78, no. 1, p. 100-112, January 2017
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through the FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project UID/CEC/00127/2013.