Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro
IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 50 PhD integrated members (25.3 full-time equivalent). It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start-ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Some recent publications
- Anabela G. Silva, Alexandra Queirós, Nelson Rocha. Generic Self-reported and Performance Based Instruments: How to Capture Pain Associated Disability. Revista Portuguesa de Saúde Pública, October 2016
- Emmanouil G Spanakis, Silvina Santana, Manolis Tsiknakis, Kostas Marias, Vangelis Sakkalis, António J. S. Teixeira, Joris H Janssen, Henri de Jong, Chariklia Tziraki. Technology-based Innovations to Foster Personalized Healthy Life Styles and Wellbeing: A Targeted Review. Journal of Medical Internet Research, July 2016 [IF 2014: 3.428 (Q1, 3/24)]
- Saad Al-Baddai, Karema Al-Subari, Ana Maria Tomé, Jordi Solé-Casals, Elmar W. Lang. A green's function-based Bi-dimensional empirical mode decomposition. Information Sciences, vol. 348, p. 305 - 321, June 2016 [IF 2014: 4.038 (Q1, 6/139)]
- Sérgio Matos, David Campos, Renato Pinho, Raquel Silva, Matthew Mort, David N. Cooper, José Luís Oliveira. Mining clinical attributes of genomic variants through assisted literature curation in Egas. Database, vol. 2016, June 2016 [IF 2014: 3.372 (Q1, 7/57)]
- Carolina Costa, Helena Alvelos, Leonor Teixeira. The use of web 2.0 tools by students in learning and leisure contexts: a study in a Portuguese institution of higher education. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, vol. 25, no. 3, p. 377 – 394, June 2016 [IF 2014: 0.829 (Q2, 97/224)]
- Angel Sappa, Juan Carvajal, Cristhian Aguilera, Miguel Riem Oliveira, Dennis Romero, Boris Vintimilla. Wavelet-Based Visible and Infrared Image Fusion: A Comparative Study. Sensors, vol. 16, no. 6, p. 861, June 2016 [IF 2016: 2.033]
- M. Hernandez-Cabronero, I. Blanes, Armando J. Pinho, M. Marcellin, J. Serra-Sagrista. Progressive Lossy-to-Lossless Compression of DNA Microarray Images. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 23, no. 5, p. 698-702, May 2016 [IF 2014: 1.751 (Q2, 81/249)]
- Vahid Mokhtari, Luís Seabra Lopes, Armando J. Pinho. Experience-Based Planning Domains: an Integrated Learning and Deliberation Approach for Intelligent Robots. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, April 2016 [IF 2014: 1.178 (Q3, 13/23)]
- John Arevalo, Fabio A. González, Raúl Ramos-Póllan, José Luís Oliveira, Miguel Guevara. Representation learning for mammography mass lesion classification with convolutional neural networks. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, p. 248-257, April 2016 [IF 2014: 1.897 (Q1, 15/102)]
- Eriksson Monteiro, Carlos Costa, José Luís Oliveira. A Cloud Architecture for Teleradiology-as-a-Service. Methods of Information in Medicine, March 2016 [IF 2014: 2.248 (Q1, 18/139)]
- Daniela Oliveira, Devin Casenhiser, Mark Hedrick, António J. S. Teixeira, Ferenc Bunta. Effects of language experience on the discrimination of the Portuguese palatal lateral by nonnative listeners. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, March 2016 [IF 2014: 0.575 (Q4, 22/25)]
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Quantitative Systematic Analysis of Vocal Tract Data. Computer Speech and Language, vol. 36, p. 307-329, March 2016 [IF 2014: 1.753 (Q2, 47/123)]
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through the FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project UID/CEC/00127/2013.