IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 60 PhD integrated members. It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start- ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Events and deadlines
Some recent publications
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Quantitative Systematic Analysis of Vocal Tract Data. Computer Speech and Language, December 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- João Freitas, António J. S. Teixeira, Samuel Silva, Catarina Oliveira, Miguel Sales Dias. Detecting Nasal Vowels in Speech Interfaces based on Surface Electromyography. PLoS ONE, November 2015 (IF 2013: 3.534)
- Daniel Albuquerque, José M. N. Vieira, Sérgio Lopes, Carlos A C Bastos, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Indoor acoustic simulator for ultrasonic broadband signals with Doppler effect. Applied Acoustics, vol. 97, p. 140-151, October 2015
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Unsupervised Segmentation of the Vocal Tract from Real-time MRI Sequences. Computer Speech and Language, vol. 33, no. 1, p. 25-46, September 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova. Design and implementation of counting networks. Computing, vol. 97, no. 6, p. 557-577, June 2015 (IF 2013: 1.055)
- Daniel Pape, Luis M. T. Jesus. Stop and fricative devoicing in European Portuguese, Italian and German. Language and Speech, vol. 58, no. 2, p. 224-246, June 2015
- C. Oliveira, Marisa Lousada, Luis M. T. Jesus. The clinical practice of speech and language therapists with children with phonologically based speech sound disorders. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, vol. 31, no. 2, p. 173-194, June 2015
- Diogo Pratas, Raquel Silva, Armando J. Pinho, Paulo J S G Ferreira. An alignment-free method to find and visualise rearrangements between pairs of DNA sequences. Scientific Reports, vol. 5, p. 10203, May 2015 (IF 2013: 5.078)
- Jorge Faustino et al, Salviano F. S. P. Soares. Lightweight concrete masonry units based on processed granulate of corn cob as aggregate. Materiales de Construcción, vol. 65, no. 168, p. 1-9, May 2015 (IF 2013: 0.734)
- Petia Georgieva, Nidhal Bouaynaya, Filipe Silva, Ludmila Mihaylova, Lakhmi Jain. A Beamformer-Particle Filter Framework for Localization of Correlated EEG Sources. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, April 2015
- Al-Subari K, Al-Baddai S, Ana Maria Tomé, Volberg G, Hammwöhner R, Elmar W. Lang. Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition Analysis of EEG Data Collected during a Contour Integration Task. PLoS ONE, vol. 10, no. 4, p. e0119489, April 2015 (IF 2013: 3.534)
- P. M. C. Torres, Sónia Gouveia, S. Olhero, A. Kaushal, J. M. Ferreira. Injectability of calcium phosphate pastes: effects of particle size and state of aggregation of <beta>-tricalcium phosphate powders. Acta Biomaterialia, April 2015 (IF 2013: 5.684)
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the projects UID/CEC/00127/2013 and Incentivo/EEI/UI0127/2014.