IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 60 PhD integrated members. It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start- ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Events and deadlines
Some recent publications
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Unsupervised Segmentation of the Vocal Tract from Real-time MRI Sequences. Computer Speech and Language, vol. 33, no. 1, p. 25-46, September 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- Luis M. T. Jesus, Ana Rita Valente, Andreia Hall. Is the Portuguese Version of ‘The North Wind and the Sun’ Passage Phonetically Balanced?. Journal of the International Phonetic Association, vol. 45, no. 1, April 2015 (IF 2013: 0.783)
- Joel Arrais, José Luís Oliveira. RecRWR: A Recursive Random Walk Method for Improved Identification of Diseases. BioMed Research International, vol. 2015 (2015), March 2015 (IF 2013: 2.706)
- Brígida Mónica Faria, Luis Paulo Reis, Nuno Lau. A Methodology for Creating an Adapted Command Language for Driving an Intelligent Wheelchair. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, February 2015 (IF 2013: 0.810)
- A. M. Silva, M. L. Pereira, Sónia Gouveia, J. N. Tavares, A. Azevedo, I. M. Caldas. A new approach to sex estimation using the mandibular canine index. Medicine, Science and the Law, February 2015 (IF 2013: 0.758)
- Miguel Riem Oliveira, Angel D. Sappa, Vitor Santos. A probabilistic approach for color correction in image mosaicking applications. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 24, no. 2, p. 508-523, February 2015 (IF 2013: 3.111)
- Ricardo Pascoal, Vitor Santos, Cristiano Premebida, Urbano Nunes. Simultaneous Segmentation and Superquadrics Fitting in Laser-Range Data. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 64, no. 2, p. 11, February 2015 (IF 2013: 2.642)
- David Campos, Sérgio Matos, José Luís Oliveira. A document processing pipeline for annotating chemical entities in scientific documents. Journal of Cheminformatics, vol. 7, no. Suppl. 1, p. S7, January 2015 (IF 2013: 4.54)
- João Cunha, Rui Serra, Nuno Lau, Luís Seabra Lopes, António J. R. Neves. Batch Reinforcement Learning for Robotic Soccer Using the Q-Batch Update-Rule. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, January 2015 (IF 2013: 0.810)
- Ana Rita Valente, Luis M. T. Jesus, Andreia Hall, Margaret Leahy. Event- and interval-based measurement of stuttering: a review. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders, vol. 50, no. 1, p. 14-30, January 2015 (IF 2013: 1.392)
- Lapo Ragionieri, Rui Miguel Pinheiro Vitorino, Jörg Frommlet, José Luís Oliveira, Paulo Gaspar, Lluís Ribas de Pouplana, Manuel Santos, Gabriela Moura. Improving the accuracy of recombinant protein production through integration of bioinformatics, statistical and mass spectrometry methodologies. FEBS Journal, January 2015 (IF 2013: 3.986)
- Carolina Costa, Helena Alvelos, Leonor Teixeira. The use of web 2.0 tools by students in learning and leisure contexts: a study in a Portuguese institution of higher education. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, January 2015 (in press)
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the projects PEst-OE/EEI/UI0127/2014 and Incentivo/EEI/UI0127/2014.