Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro
IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 50 PhD integrated members (25.3 full-time equivalent). It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start-ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Some recent publications
- Miguel Riem Oliveira, Vitor Santos, Angel Sappa, Paulo Dias, António Moreira. Incremental Texture Mapping for Autonomous Driving. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 84, p. 113-128, October 2016 [IF 2014: 1.256 (Q2, 11/23)]
- Rómulo Antão, Alexandre Mota, Rui Escadas Martins. Model-Based Control using Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Systems. Soft Computing, October 2016 [IF 2014: 1.271 (Q3, 65/123)]
- Al-Baddai, S., Al-Subari, K., Ana Maria Tomé, Ludwig, B., Salas-Gonzales, D., Elmar W. Lang. Analysis of fMRI images with bi-dimensional empirical mode decomposition based-on Green's functions. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, vol. 30, p. 53-63, September 2016 [IF 2014: 1.419 (Q2, 15/30)]
- Susana Brás, Sandra Soares, Ricardo Moreira, José Maria Fernandes. BeMonitored: Monitoring psychophysiology and behavior using Android in phobias. Behavior Research Methods, vol. 48, no. 3, p. 1100-1108, September 2016 [IF 2014: 2.928 (Q1, 2/13)]
- Sun Kim, Rezarta Islamaj Doğan, Andrew Chatr-Aryamontri, Christie S. Chang, Rose Oughtred, Jennifer Rust, Riza Batista-Navarro, Jacob Carter, Sophia Ananiadou, Sérgio Matos, André Santos, David Campos, José Luís Oliveira, Onkar Singh, Jitendra Jonnagaddala, Hong-Jie Dai, Emily Chia-Yu Su, Yung-Chun Chang, Yu-Chen Su, Chun-Han Chu, Chien Chin Chen, Wen-Lian Hsu, Yifan Peng, Cecilia Arighi, Cathy H. Wu, K. Vijay-Shanker, Ferhat Aydın, Zehra Melce Hüsünbeyi, Arzucan Özgür, Soo-Yong Shin, Dongseop Kwon, Kara Dolinski, Mike Tyers, W. John Wilbur, and Donald C. Comeau. BioCreative V BioC track overview: collaborative biocurator assistant task for BioGRID. Database, vol. 2016, no. baw121, September 2016 [IF 2014: 3.372 (Q1, 7/57)]
- Miguel Riem Oliveira, Vitor Santos, Angel Sappa, Paulo Dias, António Moreira. Incremental Scenario Representations for Autonomous Driving using Geometric Polygonal Primitives. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 83, p. 312-325, September 2016 [IF 2014: 1.256 (Q2, 11/23)]
- Qinghua Wang, Shabbir S. Abdul, Lara Almeida, Sophia Ananiadou, Yalbi I. Balderas-Martínez, Riza Batista-Navarro, David Campos, Lucy Chilton, Hui-Jou Chou, Gabriela Contreras, Laurel Cooper, Hong-Jie Dai, Barbra Ferrell, Juliane Fluck, Socorro Gama-Castro, Nancy George, Georgios Gkoutos, Afroza K. Irin, Lars J. Jensen, Silvia Jimenez, Toni R. Jue, Ingrid Keseler, Sumit Madan, Sérgio Matos, Peter McQuilton, Marija Milacic, Matthew Mort, Jeyakumar Natarajan, Evangelos Pafilis, Emiliano Pereira, Shruti Rao, Fabio Rinaldi, Karen Rothfels, David Salgado, Raquel Silva, Onkar Singh, Raymund Stefancsik, Chu-Hsien Su, Suresh Subramani, Hamsa D. Tadepally, Loukia Tsaprouni, Nicole Vasilevsky, Xiaodong Wang, Andrew Chatr-Aryamontri, Stanley J. F. Laulederkind, Sherri Matis-Mitchell, Johanna McEntyre, Sandra Orchard, Sangya Pundir, Raul Rodriguez-Esteban, Kimberly Van Auken, Zhiyong Lu, Mary Schaeffer, Cathy H. Wu, Lynette Hirschman, and Cecilia N. Arighi. Overview of the interactive task in BioCreative V. Database, vol. 2016, p. baw119, September 2016 [IF 2014: 3.372 (Q1, 7/57)]
- Marcelo Pereira, David Silva, Vitor Santos, Paulo Dias. Self calibration of multiple LIDARs and cameras on autonomous vehicles. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 83, p. 326-337, September 2016 [IF 2014: 1.256 (Q2, 11/23)]
- I.M. Santos, Ana Rita Teixeira, Ana Maria Tomé, A.T. Pereira, P. Rodrigues, P. Vagos, J. Costa, M. Carrito, B. Oliveira, N. DeFilippis, C.F. Silva. ERP Correlates of Error Processing During Performance on the Halstead Category Test. International Journal of Psychophysiology, vol. 106, p. 97-105, August 2016
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova, A. Sudnitson. Fast Data Sort based on Searching Networks with Ring Pipeline. Electronics and Electrical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, p. 58-62, July 2016 [IF 2014: 0.561 (Q4, 191/249)]
- Emmanouil G Spanakis, Silvina Santana, Manolis Tsiknakis, Kostas Marias, Vangelis Sakkalis, António J. S. Teixeira, Joris H Janssen, Henri de Jong, Chariklia Tziraki. Technology-based Innovations to Foster Personalized Healthy Life Styles and Wellbeing: A Targeted Review. Journal of Medical Internet Research, July 2016 [IF 2014: 3.428 (Q1, 3/24)]
- Hassan Alizadeh, André Zúquete. Traffic classification for managing applications’ networking profiles. Security and Communication Networks, July 2016 [IF 2014: 0.72]
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through the FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project UID/CEC/00127/2013.