Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro
IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 50 PhD integrated members (25.3 full-time equivalent). It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start-ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Some recent publications
- Daniela Oliveira, Devin Casenhiser, Mark Hedrick, António J. S. Teixeira, Ferenc Bunta. Effects of language experience on the discrimination of the Portuguese palatal lateral by nonnative listeners. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, July 2016 [IF 2014: 0.575]
- António J. S. Teixeira, Flávio Ferreira, Nuno Almeida, Samuel Silva, Ana Filipa Rosa, José Casimiro Pereira, Diogo Vieira. Design and Development of Medication Assistant Elderly-centred Design to Go Beyond Simple Medication Reminders. Universal Access in the Information Society, June 2016 [IF 2014: 0.475 (Q4, 23/24)]
- Anabela G. Silva, Alexandra Queirós, Pedro Sá Couto, Nelson Rocha. Higher Pain Intensity, Depression and Being 75 Years or Older are Associated with Lower Levels of Self-Reported Physical Activity in Older Adults with Pain Attending Primary Care. Clinical Gerontologist, June 2016
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Quantitative Systematic Analysis of Vocal Tract Data. Computer Speech and Language, vol. 36, p. 307-329, March 2016 [IF 2014: 1.753 (Q2, 47/123)]
- A. M. J. Cruz, C. Alves, Sónia Gouveia, M. G. Scotto, M. C. Freitas, H. Wolterbeek. A wavelet-based approach applied to suspended particulate matter time series in Portugal. Air Quality, Atmosphere and Health, February 2016 [IF 2014: 1.804 (Q2, 102/223)]
- M. Hernandez-Cabronero, I. Blanes, Armando J. Pinho, M. Marcellin, J. Serra-Sagrista. Analysis-driven lossy compression of DNA microarray images. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 35, no. 2, p. 654-664, February 2016 [IF 2014: 3.390 (Q1, 18/249)]
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova, Artjom Rjabov, A. Sudnitson. Computing Sorted Subsets for Data Processing in Communicating Software/Hardware Control Systems. International Journal of Computers Communications & Control, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 126-141, February 2016 [IF 2014: 0.746 (Q3, 96/139)]
- Leonor Teixeira, Vasco Saavedra, Beatriz Sousa Santos, Carlos Ferreira. Portuguese Haemophilia Registry. Set of variables for a computerized solution. Hämostaseologie, vol. 36 (in press), no. 2, February 2016
- Vera Afreixo, João M. O. S. Rodrigues, Carlos A C Bastos, Raquel Silva. The exceptional genomic word symmetry along DNA sequences. BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 17, no. 59, p. 1--10, February 2016 [IF 2014: 2.576 (Q1, 11/57)]
- S. Barbosa, Sónia Gouveia, M. G. Scotto, A. M. Alonso. Wavelet-based clustering of sea level records. Mathematical Geosciences, vol. 48, no. 2, p. 149-162, February 2016 [IF 2014: 1.653 (Q1, 20/99)]
- Miguel Riem Oliveira, Luís Seabra Lopes, Gi Hyun Lim, Hamidreza Kasaei, Ana Maria Tomé, Aneesh Chauhan. 3D object perception and perceptual learning in the RACE project. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 75, p. 614–626, January 2016 [IF 2014: 1.256 (Q2, 11/23)]
- A. M. Silva, M. L. Pereira, Sónia Gouveia, J. N. Tavares, A. Azevedo, I. M. Caldas. A new approach to sex estimation using the mandibular canine index. Medicine, Science and the Law, vol. 56, no. 1, p. 7-12, January 2016 [IF 2014: 0.531 (Q3, 83/143)]
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project UID/CEC/00127/2013.