Institute of Electronics and Informatics Engineering of Aveiro
IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with about 60 PhD integrated members (36 full-time equivalent). It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start-ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Some recent publications
- M. G. Scotto, C. H. Weiss, Sónia Gouveia. Thinning-based models in the analysis of integer-valued time series: a review. Statistical Modelling, February 2016 (IF 2013: 0.792)
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Quantitative Systematic Analysis of Vocal Tract Data. Computer Speech and Language, vol. (Accepted), December 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- Daniel Albuquerque, José M. N. Vieira, Sérgio Lopes, Carlos A C Bastos, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Indoor acoustic simulator for ultrasonic broadband signals with Doppler effect. Applied Acoustics, vol. 97, p. 140-151, October 2015
- K. Al-Subari, S. Al-Baddai, Ana Maria Tomé, M. Goldhacker, R. Faltermeier, Elmar W. Lang. EMDLAB: A toolbox for analysis of single-trial EEG dynamics using empirical mode decomposition. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 253, p. 193-205, September 2015
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Unsupervised Segmentation of the Vocal Tract from Real-time MRI Sequences. Computer Speech and Language, vol. 33, no. 1, p. 25-46, September 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- Carlos Viana Ferreira, Luis Ribeiro, Sérgio Matos, Carlos Costa. Pattern Recognition for Cache Management in Distributed Medical Imaging Environments. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, August 2015 (IF 2013: 1.659, 1.659, 1.659)
- Carolina Costa, Helena Alvelos, Leonor Teixeira. The use of web 2.0 tools by students in learning and leisure contexts: a study in a Portuguese institution of higher education. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, August 2015
- Susana Brás, Sandra Soares, Ricardo Moreira, José Maria Fernandes. BeMonitored: Monitoring psychophysiology and behavior using Android in phobias. BEHAVIOR RESEARCH METHODS, July 2015
- Anabela G. Silva, Alexandra Queirós, Pedro Sa-Couto, Nelson Rocha. Association With Lower Extremity Performance and Other Determinates in Older Adults Attending Primary Care. Physical Therapy, June 2015
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova. Design and implementation of counting networks. Computing, vol. 97, no. 6, p. 557-577, June 2015 (IF 2013: 1.055)
- João Freitas, António J. S. Teixeira, Samuel Silva, Catarina Oliveira, Miguel Sales Dias. Detecting Nasal Vowels in Speech Interfaces based on Surface Electromyography. PLoS ONE, June 2015 (IF 2013: 3.534)
- Daniel Pape, Luis M. T. Jesus. Stop and fricative devoicing in European Portuguese, Italian and German. Language and Speech, vol. 58, no. 2, p. 224-246, June 2015
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the projects UID/CEC/00127/2013 and Incentivo/EEI/UI0127/2014.