IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 60 PhD integrated members. It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start- ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Events and deadlines
Some recent publications
- Dae Gwan Lee, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Superoscillations with Optimal Numerical Stability. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 21, no. 12, p. 1443-1447, December 2014 (IF 2012: 1.674)
- Anabela Silva, Alexandra Queirós, Margarida Cerqueira, Nelson Rocha. Pain Intensity is Associated with both Performance-Based Disability and Self-Reported Disability in a Sample of Older Adults Attending Primary Health Care Centers. Disability and Health Journal, September 2014 (IF 2012: 1.446)
- T. Schon, M. Stetter, Ana Maria Tomé, C.G. Puntonet, Elmar W. Lang. Physarum Learner: A bio-inspired way of learning structure from data. Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 41, no. 11, p. 5353 - 5370, September 2014 (IF 2012: 1.854)
- Dae Gwan Lee, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Superoscillations with optimum energy concentration. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 18, p. 4857-4867, September 2014 (IF 2012: 2.813)
- Assunção Matos, Luis M. T. Jesus, Madeline Cruice. Consequences of stroke and aphasia according to the ICF domains: Views of Portuguese people with aphasia, family members and professionals. Aphasiology, vol. 28, no. 7, p. 771-796, July 2014
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova. High-performance implementation of regular and easily scalable sorting networks on an FPGA. Microprocessors and Microsystems, vol. 38, no. 5, p. 470-484, July 2014
- Vítor Tedim Cruz, Virgílio Bento, Luís Ruano, David Dieteren Ribeiro, Luís Fontão, Cátia Mateus, Rui Barreto, Márcio Colunas, Ana Alves, Bárbara Cruz, Catarina Branco, Nelson Rocha, Paula Coutinho. Motor task performance under vibratory feedback in the early post stroke phase: single center, cross-over, randomized clinical trial. Scientific Reports, vol. 4, p. 5670, July 2014
- Dae Gwan Lee, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Direct construction of superoscillations. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 12, p. 3125-3134, June 2014 (IF 2012: 2.813)
- David Campos, Jóni Lourenço, Sérgio Matos, José Luís Oliveira. Egas: a collaborative and interactive document curation platform. Database, vol. 2014, no. 10.1093, p. 1-12, June 2014 (IF 2012: 4.200)
- Valery Sklyarov, Iouliia Skliarova. Multi-core DSP-based Vector Set Bits Counters/Comparators. Journal of Signal Processing Systems, vol. to appear, June 2014
- Dae Gwan Lee, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Superoscillations of prescribed amplitude and derivative. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 13, p. 3371-3378, June 2014 (IF 2012: 2.813)
- Nuno Rosa, Maria José Correia, Joel Arrais, Nuno Costa, José Luís Oliveira, Marlene Barros. The Landscape of Protein Biomarkers Proposed for Periodontal Disease: Markers with Functional Meaning. BioMed Research International, June 2014 (IF 2012: 2.880)
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project PEst-OE/EEI/UI0127/2014.