IEETA is a Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Electrical Engineering research unit with 60 PhD integrated members. It is organized in three groups, two of them more application oriented (Biomedical Informatics and Technologies, and Intelligent Robotics and Systems), the other one of a more fundamental nature (Information Systems and Processing), mapping the major scientific areas of activity of its researchers. Empowered by its internal diversity and strong collaborative environment, IEETA has been able to provide important contributions in problems that require a high level of multidisciplinarity.
IEETA has a vast experience in joint projects with the industry, some of them resulting in the creation of spin-offs and start- ups, patents and trademarks, both national and international, and a number of products that have been licensed and are in use by the industry.
Events and deadlines
Some recent publications
- Luis M. T. Jesus, Ana Rita Valente, Andreia Hall. Is the Portuguese Version of ‘The North Wind and the Sun’ Passage Phonetically Balanced?. Journal of the International Phonetic Association, vol. 45, no. 1, April 2015
- Samuel Silva, António J. S. Teixeira. Unsupervised Segmentation of the Vocal Tract from Real-time MRI Sequences. Computer Speech and Language, vol. Accepted, January 2015 (IF 2013: 1.812)
- A. M. Silva, M. L. Pereira, Sónia Gouveia, J. N. Tavares, A. Azevedo, I. M. Caldas. A new approach to sex estimation using the mandibular canine index. Medicine, Science and the Law, vol. Accepted for publication, December 2014
- Susana Brás, Apostolos Georgakis, Lénio Ribeiro, David A. Ferreira, Luis Antunes, Catarina S. Nunes. Electroencephalogram-based indices applied to dogs’ depth of anaesthesia monitoring. Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 97, no. 3, p. 597-604, December 2014 (IF 2013: 1.511)
- Noel Pérez, Miguel Guevara, Augusto Silva, Isabel Ramos. Improving the Mann-Whitney statistical test for feature selection: An approach in breast cancer diagnosis on mammography. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, December 2014
- Lapo Ragionieri, Rui Miguel Pinheiro Vitorino, Jörg Frommlet, José Luís Oliveira, Paulo Gaspar, Lluís Ribas de Pouplana, Manuel Santos, Gabriela Moura. Improving the accuracy of recombinant protein production through integration of bioinformatics, statistical and mass spectrometry methodologies. Federation of European Biochemical Societies Journal, December 2014
- Brígida Patrício, Luis M. T. Jesus, Madeline Cruice, Andreia Hall. Quality of Life Predictors and Normative Data. Social Indicators Research, vol. 119, no. 3, p. 1557-1570, December 2014
- Dae Gwan Lee, Paulo J S G Ferreira. Superoscillations with Optimal Numerical Stability. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 21, no. 12, p. 1443-1447, December 2014
- Tiago Godinho, Carlos Viana Ferreira, Luís Bastião Silva, Carlos Costa. A Routing Mechanism for Cloud Outsourcing of Medical Imaging Repositories. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, p. 1, October 2014
- Sérgio Lopes, José M. N. Vieira, João Reis, Daniel Albuquerque, Nuno B. Carvalho. Accurate Smartphone Indoor Positioning using a WSN Infrastructure and Non-Invasive Audio for TDoA Estimation. Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal, September 2014
- Vera Afreixo, João M. O. S. Rodrigues, Carlos A C Bastos. Analysis of single-strand exceptional word symmetry in the human genome: new measures. Biostatistics, September 2014
- Daniel Pape, Luis M. T. Jesus. Cue-weighting in the perception of intervocalic stop voicing in European Portuguese. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 136, no. 3, p. 1334-1343, September 2014
This Research Unit is funded by National Funds through FCT - Foundation for Science and Technology, in the context of the project PEst-OE/EEI/UI0127/2014.